SEISMIC Mountain Festival will be epic
Like Our Facebook Page
Huck yourself off a cliff.
Berm and bump yourself downhill in the snow on a bike.
Spin or flip, at least 360 degrees, off the steep down jump.
Or, choose an easy green ski run and glide in the sunshine, followed by a stop at an art gallery, some wine tasting in a LED-lit igloo and curling up in front of a fire at the hotel.
Discover SilverStar Mountain Resort. Plan your trip today...
SEISMIC Mountain Festival includes plenty of outdoor and indoor music venues with DJs and live performers.
The SEISMIC Mountain Festival, March 22-31, at SilverStar Mountain Resort near Vernon, B.C. is truly a bash with something for everyone.
"We're throwing a 10-day party and inviting everybody," said SilverStar marketing manager, Doug Chimuk. "It's a festival that combines sport, music, art, culture, food and craft drinks."
In fact, in keeping with the SEISMIC name, the blowout is billed as an iconic volcanic shindig that will surely cause tremors. This is all incredible build up for an inaugural fest.
"We always knew we wanted to have a huge festival in 2020," said Chimuk. "But we thought we should have a dry run in 2019. Well, what started as a grassroots event this year, just kept on getting bigger and bigger. And now we have this epic collision of sport, music, art, culture, food and drink that's attracting people from all over the world."
Frost Bike will see DH racers berm and bump on a snowy boarder track.
That's quite a feat for a late-in-the-season festival that was initially planned to fill in the gap between other events, sell some lift tickets and help fill some restaurants and hotels.
SilverStar is already a major ski resort with 7m/23ft of flurry snow annually on 2,300 acres of terrain on four mountain faces with 762m/2,500ft. vertical drop and 132 runs serviced by 11 lifts. So, any added activity falls into the bonus celebration category.
The Clif Big Drop contest that's part of the SEISMIC Mountain Festival, March 22-31, at SilverStar Mountain Resort near Vernon, British Columbia, will see trick skiers and snowboarders huck themselves off a cliff into a pit.
The seven signature sporting events of SEISMIC are:
1. Monster Energy Boarderstyle, March 22-23 – This hybrid boardercross slopeside-obstacle course culminates with a steep down jump to the finish line in which racers have to do a minimum 360-degree spin for flip.
2. SEISMIC Slopeside, March 24 – A jam-style pro and amateur course.
3. King of the Cross, March 27 – This cross-race pits skiers against snowboarders.
4. British Columbia Freestyle Championship, March 28-31 – The final stop in the Freestyle B.C. Trick Tour Series.
5. Smith Optics Rail Jam, March 29 – The season finale of this freestyle skier and boarder slopeside event.
6. Clif Big Drop, March 30 with $5,000 in prizes – This first-ever trick-and-style contest sees skiers and boarders huck themselves off cliff and into the pit.
7. Frost Bike, March 31 with $5,000 in prizes – The berms and bumps of a snowy boarder track for DH bike racers.
While gnarly competition is an integral part of SEISMIC , there's plenty of non-combat partying, culture, food and drink to partake. The Monster After Party, following Monster Energy Boarderstyle, features DJs spinning tunes and the daily Coors Light Live, SEISMIC Sessions and Molson After Dark outdoor and indoor music events keep the tunes and the socializing going from noon 'til late. Winterland on Mar. 30 is touted as the most ambitious drinks event ever hosted at SilverStar.
"We'll have two huge LED-lit inflatable igloos for wine, cider, beer and spirits tastings with fire performers and DJ Froggy Stylz," said Katherine Bramall of the B.C. Wine Cider & Spirits Festival.
Tickets are $79.
When You Go:
For more information about the event check out SilverStar SEISMIC Spring Mountain Festival
Looking for more inspiration? Read our SEISMIC Festival overview on FestivalSeekers
Like Our Facebook Page