When You Go
More fun things to do in Cranbrook & Area
- Ice skate at Baker Park (1 St. S and 14 Ave.), Norbury Lake (26 minutes from Cranbrook), or Horseshoe Lake (26 minutes from Cranbrook), weather permitting. Note that ice should be at least four inches thick for ice skating.
- Snowshoe, hike, or cross-country ski at Cranbrook Community Forest (over 100 kilometres of trails to explore!), or South Star Trails.
- Go tobogganing at Idlewild Park (34 Ave. and 9 St. S).
- Swim, soak, and play at Western Financial Place Aquatic Centre This beautiful facility has a lane pool, leisure pool with spray features, sauna, hot tub, steam room, 180-foot water slide, rope swing, and diving board.
- Visit Fort Steele Heritage Town (16 minutes from Cranbrook) and “explore yesterday today.” Open 364 days a year.
Where to stay
Days Inn by Wyndham Cranbrook Conference Centre has spacious, well-appointed rooms. Enjoy the heated outdoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary chocolate bar and breakfast.
Cranbrook is located 4 hours 15 minutes from Calgary in southeast B.C. Drive in via Fernie (Highway 3) and depart via Highway 93 so you can ski Fairmont Hot Springs, Panorama, or Kicking Horse on the way home.
Canadian Rockies International Airport (YXC) is located 13 minutes north of Cranbrook and has daily flights to and from Kelowna, Vancouver and Calgary.
For More Information
To make the most of your time in Cranbrook, visit Cranbrook Tourism
Are you into ice fishing? Hook into this story.
Like this story? Make sure to Tweet it.
Let us know what you hook into when you go #RockiesExploring. Please search the hashtag for more inspiration and be sure to use it in your posts because we might feature you on our SnowSeekers' social media feeds.